Opportunities to Meet the Author
- Culpeper Library, Thursday, February 5, 2015.
- Greater Virginia Green Building Council, Tuesday, March 10, 2015.
Garden Club of Virginia Horticulture & Conservation Workshop, Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens, Monday, September 28, 2015
- America’s Premier of Polyfaces: A World of Many Choices, at the Virginia Film Festival, November 7, 2015
- Tri-Club Meeting (Charlottesville, Albemarle and Rivanna Garden Clubs), Kensington Country Club, Wednesday morning, January 15, 2014.
- Richmond Sierra Club, Wednesday, February 19, 2014.
- Garden Club of Norfolk, Wednesday, March 13, 2014.
- Rappahanock Valley Garden Club, Fredericksburg, Thursday, October 24, 2013.
- Edible Food Fest in Orange County, Virginia. Saturday, August 10. Join me at 3PM for my talk, and then in the “Chat Room” at 4PM at Table 4!
- Asheville – UVa Alumni Club, Asheville, NC, Friday evening, May 17. 6:00-8:00PM.
- Waynesboro Library, Waynesboro, Thursday evening, April 4, 7:00 PM.
- 3rd Annual Locavore Lit Fest, Washington College, Chestertown, MD. Saturday, March 23. Join me at 1:00PM at The Bookplate, 112 S. Cross St., Chestertown, MD. Free and open to the public.
- 2012 Coastal Partners Workshop, December 6, 2012, Richmond, VA
- Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, IL, October 10, 2012. Thank you SIU for choosing my book as a common reader for your incoming students – WOW!
- Here’s the message from SIU’s Dean Amos to new students:
- “The Common Theme at SIU this year is Sustainability. In a number of your classes you will be reading Tanya Denckla Cobb’s Reclaiming Our Food: How the Grassroots Food Movement Is Changing the Way We Eat, supported by English 101’s Mercury Reader on Sustainability. I hope that you are inspired to take advantage of our location in the heart of Southern Illinois and University Dining’s ongoing coordination with local growers and our own University Farms to enhance the close relationship between local food production and food consumption.”
- Fluvanna County Library, October 3, 7pm. Happy to share the floor with my own county’s community garden – another example of the grassroots food movement!
- Harvesting Our Heritage, Winchester-Clarke Zone VII Garden Club of America meeting, September 25-27, 2012.
- Organic Valley’s Kickapoo Country Fair, LaFarge, WI, on July 28, 2012, speaking from 5-6pm in the “Cooks and Books” tent, followed by a book signing. Come join the fun!
- Rainbow Cooperative Bookstore, Madison, WI. Come talk with the author at a book signing from 2 to 4pm, Sunday, July 29, 2012.
- Eastern Shore, June 22-23. Starting at the Barrier Islands Center, Machipango, Eastern Shore, Virginia on Friday, June 22, 2012, a 5 p.m. social will follow with a lecture at 5:30 p.m. On Saturday, June 23 at 10:00 am, the author will be at the Onancock Farm Market meeting the public and signing books.
- Sunday morning with the author, at Richmond’s Bon Air UM Church. Sunday, Apr 29 at 9:45 A.M. at Bon Air United Methodist Church, Richmond, VA. Free and Open to the Public. Phone: (804) 272-2042
- The Fitness Buff, with Pete Williams, interviews Tanya Denckla Cobb. “Tanya has written a fascinating new book, which explores how Americans are demanding more fresh, local foods and how community food projects are rising to meet the need. Led by innovative, creative people from all walks of life, these projects are strengthening communities by creating valuable jobs, preserving cultural traditions, building local knowledge about growing food, and educating schoolchildren.” Listen to The Fitness Buff talk with Tanya about the food movement.
- Virginia Festival of the Book, Charlottesville, VA – March 21-25, 2012 – “The Power of Local,” discussion on Thursday, March 22, 10AM at UVa Bookstore, join me with Andrew Laties and David Bearinger.
- An Evening With the Author, at Greensgrow in Philadelphia. Friday evening, March 30, 2012. Join her for a lecture, reception, refreshments, and book signing. She’ll be discussing issues addressed in her most recent book, which examines the local food movement and inspiring food projects going on in various parts of the U.S. At Greensgrow Farms, 2501 E. Cumberland St., Philadelphia, PA 19125 215-427-2702 www.greensgrow.org
- Organic View Radio Show with June Stoyer: Join June and Tanya as they talk about Tanya’s new book, Reclaiming Our Food, on Monday, March 19, from 4-5pm. Listen now to the interview!
- Barnes & Noble Charlottesville: Join Tanya for a discussion and book signing, Saturday, March 10, at 1PM. Join her at Barracks Road!
- Easy Organic Gardener Radio Show with Sheri Frey, Sunday, February 12, 2012 – 11:00 CST or Noon EST. Join me! Listen live and call in at: 1-800-259-9231
- State Arboretum of Virginia, Saturday, January 28, 2012, in the library: 2nd Annual Seed Exchange! This FREE event will occur from 10am until 3 pm. Bring seed or plants to share or just come and enjoy the day. Book signing by Tanya Denckla Cobb from 11am to 1pm will benefit “Our Shop Under The Arch” at Blandy Farm and the State Arboretum of Virginia. Location: Rt. 50, midway between Paris and Winchester.
- Book signing at Winchester Book Gallery, Saturday, January 28, 1:30pm to 3:30 pm. 185 North Loudoun Street, Winchester, VA 22601.
- 51% The Women’s Perspective, with Susan Barnett, taped Friday, December 9, 2011
- Dr. Radio with Samantha Heller, SiriusXM Radio, Friday, Live November 18, 2011.
- Alex Stylos, WSAR-FM, Fall River, MA, Tuesday, Live November 15, 2011.
- Barbara Dab, “Zone About Town,” WKDF/ WGFX-FM,” Nashville, TN, Taped November 28, 2011
- Morning Show with Alvin, WHFS/ WCBQ/ WHNC-AM, Washington D.C., live November 15, 2011.
- Laurie Kirby, “Women’s Watch,” WBZ-AM, Boston, MA, taped November 15, 2011
- Morning Show with Mario Del Castillo, KKUP-FM, San Francisco area, taped November 15, 2011
- Morning Show with Kitty Kinin, Raleigh, WRVA/WDCG/ WKSL/ WRDU-FM, taped November 15, 2011.
- “Smart Living” with Victoria Babu, St. Louis, KTRS, taped November 15, 2011.
- Kim Pagano Show, KKZZ, Los Angeles, CA, live November 15, 2011.
- Suzanna Duvall’s “Kentucky Focus” show, WHAS, Louisville, KY, taped November 15, 2011.
- Tate South, News in Review, KMXB-FM, Las Vegas, NV, taped November 15, 2011.
- Poppoff with Mary Jane Popp, KAHI, Sacramento, CA, live November 15, 2011.
- Real Talk with Cheryl Wilkinson, WHOV-FM, Norfolk, VA, taped November 15, 2011.
- Get Connected with Haneen, WLTW, New York City, taped November 15, 2011.
- Virginia Insight, Monday, November 14, 3:00-4:00 PM EST, WMRA, with Tom Graham Please Call In and Ask a Question! Listen to the interview now (be patient, it takes a while to load)
- Anything Goes, Wednesday, November 21, 10:15-10:35AM, WFDU-FM New Jersey-New York
- Celebrate Food Day early! Come to the Haven, 112 West Market Street, Charlottesville, VA on Sunday evening, October 23, 2011. Potluck begins at 6:00 pm, followed by presentation by Tanya Denckla Cobb, followed by book signing to benefit the UVa Food Collaborative.
- The Country Bookshop, Rolling Pines, North Carolina: a presentation, potluck dinner and book signing with Tanya Denckla Cobb at The Roosters Wife: 5:00pm, Friday, October 14, 201 Blue Street, Aberdeen, NC
- Book Now! Heritage Harvest Festival – Lecture: Reclaiming Our Food: Inspiration from the Trenches, Saturday, September 17, 2011, 2:00 – 3:00 p.m., Classroom 7, Thomas Jefferson Visitor Center. Join Tanya Denckla Cobb on a visual photographic journey across the nation, learning innovative approaches and lessons from people working at the grassroots to advance their local food system. In addition to sharing her own evolving understanding of the grassroots food movement, she’ll share bright ideas and lessons learned about local food production, distribution, expanding access and social justice, drawn from her forthcoming book, Reclaiming Our Food: How the Grassroots Food Movement is Changing What We Eat. Book It Now!
- BookExpo America, New York, NY – Wednesday, May 25, 2011 at 3:00pm, “Advance Review Copy” of “Reclaiming Our Food” book signing.
- March 25, 2011: “Lunch Line” – moderated a panel discussion following the screening of this film at the Charlottesville Performing Arts Center
- April 7, 2010 12:30-1:30: “More Than Just Bricks”, Elmaleh Galley. Panelist responding to the “Take Part” Workshop concept, its relevance and applicability to today’s world.
- February 18, 2010: UVa Women in Leadership Conference: moderated a panel on “Women in Agriculture”
- January 19, 2010: Panelist at UVA conference, Teaching Resource Center conference: A presentation /panelist on goals and techniques for experiential classroom learning.
- UVa Planning Students Host 100-Mile Thanksgiving
- May 19, 2009: Conference Presentation: Environmental Public Policy (EPP) Section Meeting of the Association for Conflict Resolution (ACR): Facilitated a discussion panel on: “The Good, the Bad, to the Best: Fostering Collaborative Leadership, From Theory to Practice,” Tuscon, AZ
- March 30, 2009: 1-hour Radio interview with public radio KZYX in Mendocino County, CA 90.7, Interview with Linda Macelwee, Farm and Garden Show (The Gardener’s A-Z Guide to Growing Organic Food offered by station as a promotion for donations)
- March 27, 2009: Conference Presentation: NOHVCC Conference, Houston, TX: National Assessment of Travel Management Planning. A presentation of our research findings for the U.S. Forest Service
- October 14, 2008: Meredith College Convocation Talks and Workshops: “Follow the Yellow Corn Road: Seeking Brains, Courage and Heart to Return Home to Corn; ”and “Campus Food Trends and Innovations”
- March 2, 2007: NPR, Science Fridays: Snow’s On the Ground, But Thoughts Turn to Gardening, Interview with Ira Flatow